Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's a long one. : )

So, I missed a day. But I'll totally make up for it in this blog.  : )
Sunday night was our Betsey Christmas party at my boss' house. I had such a great time! I made a strawberry shortcake from scratch for the party that was yummy. We started off the night watching Evil Dead - a cult horror movie from the 70s. It was intended to just be background noise for our festivities, but we ended up being pretty intrigued by the story line. I mean - one of the characters gets raped by a evil tree. Crazy stuff. After Evil Dead was over, we got our goodies bags. I am now the proud owner of four new Betsey dresses, three new Betsey purses, two new Betsey cardigans and a smorgasbord of jewelry. Did I mention I LOVE my job? You're the best, Kristyn!!! : )
 After the goodie exchange, my co-worker Kelly suggested we watch a movie called "Teeth". It just so happened to be available on Netflix, so we watched. I'm not going to give it away, but you should definitely watch it. lol.
 It was a great time with great co-workers who I am lucky to have. I hope we can have Christmas parties more often.  : )
 Yesterday was my Friday. I worked during the day and then got the bad news from Kanoa that Goldie Hawn (our gold Ford Focus) had no breaks. His parents were kind enough to pick me up from work and drop me off at South Shore Tiki Lounge where he was playing for happy hour. I stopped in at Mahina to see one of my best friends, Stacy. I love her. She always makes me smile. We shot the shit for a little and then I headed back to Tiki to be serenaded by my man. We had a surprise visit by Sean Michael Hower and had some colorful conversation.
 After Kanoa was done, our friend Daniel met up with us to drop of his car we were borrowing. It was Daniel's birthday, so we were headed to 808 Bistro for dinner. It was DELICIOUS. I've never been there before, although I am a huge fan of 808 Deli . I'm particularly fond of the BYOB rule at 808 Bistro. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and sampled Daniel's Gorgonzola Alfredo. Yummmmm.
 The party headed to Diamonds Ice Bar and Grill  after to watch Gomega play. Always a good show! I got up and sang a couple songs and Miss Anuhea made an appearance as well!
 All in all, the last couple days were stellar. I have the next three days off before I work seven days in a row, and I am looking forward to getting Goldie Hawn back on the road and going to the beach. I will also be writing lots of music. I promised myself I will finish at least one song over the course of my extended weekend. Wish me luck!
xox.

 Here's a picture of some of the gang last night at 808 Bistro!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepin' Track of You Keepin' Track