Friday, February 4, 2011

Is this thing on?!

 Sooo....I've attempted the whole blog thing before and made it to one blog post. Here's hoping that I can call that one post and raise it, 'cause I have lots of exciting and fun things that I can't keep to myself and I want to share them with as many people as possible. : )
 I am lead singer of a band here on Maui called Rabbitt and The Propers. We're a new band, but established musicians independently. David "Wolf" Wolfberg on bass, Kanoa Kukaua on guitar, Aaron Fulton on drums and me on the vocals/ possibly the Rhodes. Our sound is definitely soul-dominant, but I love rock and jazz too, so we'll make sure those genres are incorporated into our sound too. 
 I've gotta tell ya- I'm pretty switched on about this whole thing. We had out first photo shoot today with Sean Michael Hower and it was the bees knees. Sean was rad enough to send me a teaser pic tonight and it's AH-MAZING. Check out his website and see all the great work he does (including the teaser pic): www.howerphoto.com . Can't wait to see the rest tomorrow! 
 We've got our third show coming up this month - February 18th - and I've got my work cut out for me; learn how to play the vintage Fender Rhodes keyboard that Kanoa bought. So far so good.  : )  
 Well, my bed is calling. Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepin' Track of You Keepin' Track