Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun fun and......fun. : )

So....I had a wonderful weekend! The Elton John concert was OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD. I was so touched. Kanoa had a blast too. I laughed, danced, cried and got called out by a drag queen. I am making it a point to see more live shows. Nas and Damien Marley are playing tonight; not my cup of tea...so I'm at home.  : )
 My dear friends, Mary Jane and Chris Sendrey (of The Mary Jane Experiment) celebrated Mary Jane's  birthday earlier this week and invited a group of friends up to Eco Adventures Zip Line tours on Saturday for some zip line excitement! The drive up, I was pretty anxious. I'd been zip lining up there before, but the elevation kinda freaks me out. Kanoa had never been zip lining and he said after the tour that he was pretty nervous too (he was really good at hiding it).   ; )
  We had a great time! I met some really cool people and my little sister Tailyr came along as well! The tour guides were funny. So funny, in fact, that one "accidentally" didn't catch me at the end of a line and I ended up being temporarily stranded in the middle of the line. Just hanging there. All alone. In the middle. Stranded. Not. Fun. I pretended to be a good sport, but thought I was going to die.
 The weather was beautiful. Think Gorillas in The Mist meets Jurassic Park. That was our backdrop. Wonderful. I wish I could live up there. I'd never leave.
 After the zip-ing, we made it down to Three's to watch Moth perform their last South side show until.....? If you don't know who they are, you are missing out. Check out their link.  : )
 Tomorrow is my Friday (again!) and I have three days off. I have been TOTALLY SLACKING on the gym, and I start again tomorrow. I am getting a special package with a special secret something in the mail tomorrow that will aid in the de-flabbing of my body and I am excited. I have to lose at least 2 inches in my waist by the end of March; there is a new Betsey dress that I am going to wear for our next show (March 25th, mark your calendars) and it's a TAD snug. lol.
 I'm having fun getting acquainted with the piano(s) and am excited to see what comes of our relationship.  : )
 Welp, I'm gonna finish watching The Golden Girls, write a few verses and kill a few gnats (anyone else notice how crazy that gnats have been lately?!?).  Here's a few pics from the concert and zip lines and Moth!









 Ciao!
 xox.

1 comment:

  1. oooooh I am super jealous you got to go see Sir Elton John!
    I love that picture of the woods you took, very Edward and Bella-Twilight-ish !!!
    Glad you had a fun past few days- that's what life's about, having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Keepin' Track of You Keepin' Track